Announcing Portable Data Collection Center, version 3.7, available for download from IRIS DMC. You can get to the PDCC download page at this URL:
Please send email to <comments AT iris.washington.edu> for bug reports, comments, and questions.
The purpose of PDCC is to enable seismic network operators to describe and maintain their instrument metadata in SEED format to allow effective data interchange in an environment of continually changing instrument deployments. This tool is designed to make the process of creating metadata descriptions easy, though some knowledge of the SEED data format is recommended.
PDCC consists of a main editor window for reading, viewing, and writing out dataless (metadata-only) SEED files and has a connector to specialized tools that facilitate the construction of metadata entries from external sources. PDCC represents a continued effort by IRIS to support the seismological community with tools to enable data collection and research.
What has changed from PDCC 3.6
- New Tool: Station Wizard – construct your own complete station in just a few simple steps
- *New Tool:( Recalculate Sensitivity – calculate sensitivity for any response stack in the PDCC editor
- Updated: NRL Tool has new features and integrates with the Station Wizard
- Import and Export of RESP files supported
- Support for large coefficient (continuation) response blockettes
- Corrected dictionary lookup problems when using the NRL Tool or copying stations and channels
- Redundant dictionary entries (exact copies) will not get added to the abbreviations when copying and adding entries
- Station and Channel comment blockettes get time sorted under the station and channel entry respectively
For more information on PDCC, please consult the manual at http://ds.iris.edu/manuals/#pdcc
by Rob Casey (IRIS Data Management Center)