JWEED is the Java version of our popular event-related request tool WEED. JWEED is a Java program which can run on any platform that supports Java, including Mac, Linux, Windows, Oracle Solaris, etc.
Using JWEED, a person can obtain station and earthquake information as well as download and plot timeseries data.
You can obtain data using JWEED using just a few steps:
- Select some stations and/or select some events
- Specify arrival times for each station or use a static time window
- Download and view the data, then save files to disk
JWEED is designed to run on platforms running Oracle’s Java SE 7 or later. This software has been tested on Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7, Ubuntu Linux 11-64, and CentOS 5-32. The software has been tested on VMWare virtual machine instances for some of these OS’s.
Minimum platform requirements:
- Windows: Vista / Windows Server 2008
- Mac: OS X 10.7.3
- Linux: RHEL 5 / SUSE/OpenSUSE 11 / Ubuntu 10.10 / Fedora 14
When first invoked, JWEED presents a screen with a map of the world. Above the map are pulldown menus with controls for modifying queries, data downloading, map control options and file saving and file loading controls.