Version 5.0.0 — 09-04-2019 Chad Trabant* IMPROVED: Autodetect file format by default, when options.station_xml == 0. * IMPROVED: Rename Makefile.unix to Makefile and Makefile.ms to Makefile.nmake. * IMPROVED: Fix many compiler warnings. * MODIFIED: Update Mini-XML library from 2.10 to 2.12.
Version 5.0.a3-pl1 — 21-08-2018 Chad Trabant* IMPROVED: Allow StationXML files to be autodetected when options.station_xml == -1. * IMPROVED: Use mxmlLoadFile() instead of mxmlLoadFd() to avoid unnecessary indirection. Also fixes rewinding of file stream.
Version 5.0.a3 — 18-07-2018 Andrew Cooke (email@example.com), Ilya Dricker, Dylan Thies* FIXED: Bug that resulted in gain being reused from an earlier stage if not specified (and subsequenct memory corruption on free). * IMPROVED: Build for libxml (use simple make). * IMPROVED: Automated testing.
Version 5.0.a2 — 18-08-2017 Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dylan Thies, Andrew Cooke* FIXED: Many bugs introduced in rewrite.
Version 5.0.a1 — 26-July-2017 Ilya Dricker (email@example.com), Andrew Cooke, Dylan Thies* NEW: Significant re-factorization and rewrite of the of the evalresp code * NEW: A rewrite of the evalresp source code in addition to enhancements for embedded usage. * NEW: C99 compliance * IMPROVED: Removal of the compiler warnings on gcc, clang/llvm * IMPROVED: Normalized source code style * IMPROVED: Applied best practices: no use of goto, setjmp/longjmp, and other constructs that make code hard to follow and maintain. * REPLACED: short non-descriptive naming conventions, * IMPROVED: Normalize source code formatting using a clang-format profile (provided by IRIS). * MODIFIED: Exposed and document structures that can be used to express a response cascade and provide functions for evaluation. * MODIFIED: Provided functions to accept RESP and StationXML from memory buffers, that then use the lower level interfaces. * NEW: Provided functions that perform “file discovery” and then use the lower level interfaces. * NEW: Provided explicit definitions (enums or defines) for input and output units and focused functionality * NEW: Provided a common logging facility for error, diagnostic and verbose messaging. * NEW: Created unit and black-box testing system based on Robot framework * NEW: Created Doxyen-based Developer’s Guide * NEW: Created a system with a plain Makefile and nmake Makefile.win (for Windows). * MODIFIED: Replace usage of libxml2 with an embedded solution * MODIFIED: Replaced GPL-based splining functions with LGPL countreparts * NEW: Moved the source code to IRIS Github
Version 4.0.7 — 10-Mar-2016 Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)* FIXED: a typo in test/java/Makefile.am file
Version 4.0.6 — 08-Oct-2015
- ADDED: allows autotools to easily
detect the x2r library (with AC_CHECK_LIB), and it contains a #define that
lets code recognise that the new version supports XML (#define EVRESP_XML).
Version 4.0.5 — 09-Sep-2015
- MODIFIED: Added -x flag back; removed auto-detetcion of XML (cannot guarantee that rewind/fseek works on all streams in C).
Version 4.0.4 — 07-Sep-2015 Andrew Cooke (email@example.com)
- MODIFIED: Documentation, removing mention of -x flag.
- MODIFIED: File reset during auto-detection (from rewind to fseek) in the hope of working better on OSX.
Version 4.0.3 — 27-Jul-2015 Andrew Cooke (firstname.lastname@example.org)* REMOVED: -x flag. Station.xml files are now detected automatically (by checking if the first non-blank character is “<”). * FIXED: Small bug in reallocation of command line arg while addressing compiler warnings from -Wunused-but-set-variable. * MODIFIED: Handling of stages with “no data”. Now accepted, as they may still have decimation and channel gain. * MODIFIED: Handling of location ID ‘??’ which is now equivalent to ‘*’.
Version 4.0.2 — 01-Jun-2015 Andrew Cooke (email@example.com)
- FIXED: Compiler error on OSX.
Version 4.0.1 — 22-May-2015 Andrew Cooke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MODIFIED: Fortran demo (fix passing of double array).
Version 4.0.0 — 22-May-2015 Andrew Cooke (email@example.com)
- ADDED: Support for station.xml files (evalresp -x). All high level functions take an additional flag indicating whether this is set. NOTE: this implies a new dependency on libxml2.
- ADDED: The xml2resp command to convert from station.xml to response format (and man page), based on IRIS-WS output.
- ADDED: Tests (configure —enable-check; make check).
- ADDED: Continuous integration at https://phase2.isti.com:8080
- ADDED: Support for COUNT units (as well as COUNTS).
- ADDED: Installation of man pages.
- MODIFIED: Fortran demo and associated code (works; now Fortran 95).
- MODIFIED: Source: removed tabs; standardised indents; fixed warnings
- MODIFIED: Documentation and directory layout (autoreconf, multiple directories).
- MODIFIED: To build with latest Windows environment.
- REMOVED: Borland support.
Version 3.3.4 — 09-Oct-2013 Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ADDED: processing of blockette 62 (which requires input parameter -b62_x)
- MODIFIED: Redefined processing of DECIMATION as correction applied minus calculated delay
- MODIFIED: Redifined processing of DECIMATION with —use-estimated-delay as estimated delay
- FIXED: Reverted back to version 2.3.25 the code in function fir_asym_trans()
- ADDED: support of temperature units in centigrades C 30-May-2013 Ilya Dricker (email@example.com)
- FIXED: get_names() to properly process cases with the environmental variable SEEDRESP set
Release version 3.3.3 (27-Apr-2010) Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- FIXED: bug which prevented using evalresp with
- MODFIED: Unwrapping now starts casual: first phase value is within (0:360) degree
Release version 3.3.2 (12-Feb-2010) Ilya Dricker (email@example.com)
get_names()to properly parse file names: did not work under Mac OSX: done by Chad
- MOVED: What’s New section of
evalresp.1to ChangeLog file
- MODIFIED: printing a warning when using a negative delay
ev_parse_line()to avoid naming conflict
- MODIFIED: searching for RESP files now uses system
Release version 3.3.1 (29-Jan-2010) Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NEW: Added a
fapresponse type with the
-roption (in addition to the
cstypes) to write out frequency-amplitude-phase triplets. The resulting file names are in the form:
FAP.Net.Sta.Loc.Chan. The phase is always unwrapped in this output. Essentially this is just a re-packaging of the amplitude-phase output into a single, three-column file with unwrapped phase.
- NEW: Added run-time option (
-unwrap) to unwrap the output phase in addition to the previous compile-time option.
- NEW: Added option (
-ts?) to use the stage 0 total sensitivity instead of product of the stage gains. The idea is that this can be used in combination with the
-stageoption to provide a full scale response, i.e. just stage 1 (the sensor) with a correct system gain (which is exact what SAC Poles and Zeros do).
- NEW: Included checks for likely incorrect (negative) delay values; in case such delays are found
evalrespprints a warning.
- FIXED: Cleaned improper checks for
IIR_PZblockette types in
- FIXED: Fixed search for matching RESP files, name search did not seem to use location ID.
- FIXED: Documented the SEED requirements regarding the order of the FIR coefficients and the sign of the delay (see section below).
Release version 3.3.0 (18-May-2009) Ilya Dricker (email@example.com)
- MODIFIED: This version modifies the way
evalrespdeals with the delays in FIR stages. Note that
-use-delayoption becomes obsolete in this version. Now the following rules are applied for adding delays to the FIR stages:
- 1: Calculation of the response for a symmetrical FIR filter ignores the delay value in the RESP;
- 2: Calculation of the response for an asymmetrical FIR filter uses the
correction appliedfield of the RESP by default and
estimated delayfield on user request (a user should use an option
-use-estimated-delayto switch this option on). This version has been tested to work on 64-bit processors.
Release version 3.2.41 (29-Apr-2009) Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MODIFIED: processing of delays in FIR stages. Now the following rules are applied for adding delays to the FIR stages:
- 1) Calculation of the response for a symmetrical FIR filter ignores the delay value in the RESP;
- 2) Calculation of the response for an asymmetrical FIR filter uses the
correction appliedfield of the RESP by default and
estimated delayfield on user request (a user should use an option
-use-estimated-delayto switch this option on).
Release version 3.2.40 (20-Jun-2008) Ilya Dricker (email@example.com)
- FIXED: bug in computation time limits 25-Sep-2007 Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- REMOVED: 2 return statements in eversp which break LIB_MODE logic
Release version 3.2.39 (12-Jul-2007) Ilya Dricker (email@example.com)
-Wall hardcoded flags from
configure.in. Made then configurable options.
Release version 3.2.38 (04-Mar-2007) Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ADDED: new configure option
evalrespis configured with this option, most of log messages are being prepended by a label. A label consists of
[Net.Sta.Loc.Chan]. 27-Feb-2007 Ilya Dricker (email@example.com)
- ADDED: Return (#ifdef LIB_MODE) if input file is not found. 01-Feb-2007 Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- FIXED: Bug pointed by <email@example.com> : use
else if(!strcmp(argv[i], "-u"))
instead of just
if in evalresp.c:141
08-Nov-2006 Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NEW: Libtoolized evresp library: using libtool instead of ranlib. Now a builder can create dynamic library, not only static
Release version 3.2.37 (16-Oct-2006) Eric Thomas (email@example.com)
- ADDED: two more ‘free()’ calls to “evresp.c” to fix memory leaks when program functions are used in external applications.
Release version 3.2.36 (21-Aug-2006) Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Modified to support Tesla (“T”) units.
Release version 3.2.35 (4-Apr-2006) Eric Thomas (email@example.com)
- MODIFIED: to support channel-IDs with location codes equal to an empty string.
Release version 3.2.34 (28-Mar-2006) Eric Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
evresp.cto fix memory leaks when program functions used in external applications.
Release version 3.2.33 (27-Mar-2006) Ilya Dricker (email@example.com)
- UPGRADED: missing script.
Release version 3.2.32 (13-Feb-2006) Eric Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MODIFIED: to close input file when a single response file is specified.
Release version 3.2.31 (19-Jan-2006) Eric Thomas (email@example.com)
regexpfunctions to prevent name clashes with other libraries.
depcompscript in distribution.
Release version 3.2.30 (3-Nov-2005) Eric Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MODIFIED: to unwrap phase values before interpolation and re-wrap after (if needed).
- MODIFIED: to detect when all requested interpolated frequencies are out of range.
Release version 3.2.29 (21-Oct-2005) Eric Thomas (email@example.com)
- IMPLEMENTED: interpolation of amplitude/phase values from responses containing List blockettes (55).
- MODIFIED: message shown when List blockette encountered.
- MODIFIED: so as not to require characters after
- MODIFIED: to handle case where file contains
B052F03 Locationand nothing after it on line.
- ADDED: warnings for unrecognized parameters.
- FIXED: issue where program would crash under Linux/UNIX segmentation fault if input response file contained Windows-style CR/LF line ends.
Release version 3.2.28 (2-Aug-2005) Eric Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MODIFIED: to allow command-line parameters for frequency values to be missing (default values used).
Release version 3.2.27 (1-Mar-2005) Ilya Dricker(email@example.com)
-add-delaycommand line option
Release version 3.2.26 (20-Oct-2004) Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NEW: Now
evalrespruns on Mac OS X
Release version 3.2.25 (20-Jul-2005) Ilya Dricker (email@example.com)
- Finally, we started ChangeLog
- FIXED: Processing of B55 + GAIN stage is now allowed
config.hto the source code and
Release version 3.2.24 ??? Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ADDED: two configuration options (
--enable-delay, Use estimated delay in phase computation) and (
--enable-phase-unwrap, Unwrap phase).
Release version 3.2.23 ??? Ilya Dricker (email@example.com)
- ADDED: support for SHAPE compatible RESP files. When parsing lines that are valid RESP format, but unexpected,
evalrespnow skips to the next line. Added support for blank lines within and at the end of a RESP file.
Release version 3.2.21 ??? Ilya Dricker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NEW: Allows a user to compile and run
evalrespon WIN32 platform.
- FIXED: A bug in pole-zero representations for digital stages has been fixed.