This Special Event web page is intended to provide direct links to and images of data and materials available from IRIS programs and preliminary research results from the seismology community. We welcome any additional contributions containing original content that might be of interest to the research community. Please send them to the email address listed below.
IRIS does not necessarily endorse the views or scientific validity of the posted items.
August 14, 2021 12:29:08 (UTC), M7.2 Haiti region (USGS Executive summary page)
Email contributions to:
All scientific contributions addressed to the community will be forwarded to the special-events mailing list. If you DO NOT want your email being forwarded, please address it to IRIS or explicitly write do not forward.
At 12:29:08 UTC on August 14, 2021 a magnitude 7.2 earthquake occurred about 113 km SSE of Petit Trou de Nippes, Haiti (USGS Executive summary page)
Videos, Animations & Interactive Maps ¶
These other pages were tagged similarly:
- South Island, New Zealand [Special Event: 2016-11-13]
- Tohoku, Japan earthquake [Special Event: 2011-03-11]
- Chelyabinsk, Russia bolide (meteor) [Special Event: 2013-02-19]
- Super Typhoon Haiyan [Special Event: 2013-11-07]
- Edgefield, South Carolina [Special Event: 2014-02-15]
- Nepal [Special Event: 2015-04-25]
- BackProjection [Product]
- Nepaltemp [Special Event: 2015-04-30]
- EventPlots [Product]
- Illapel, Chile [Special Event: 2015-09-16]