Retrieve station calibrations in SEED format
Network operators of seismic stations perform calibrations of the instrument at various times. These calibrations are used primarily to validate that the response metadata matches the actual response of the instrument. In some cases the calibration data is used to generate new response metadata.
These calibration products can include the calibration input signal, the recorded response to the input signal and/or a report summarizing the processed calibration data.
For the IRIS/IDA calibrations more information is available in the Notes on processing random binary calibrations signals at IRIS/IDA GSN stations
Citations and DOIs
To cite the IRIS DMC Data Products effort:
- Trabant, C., A. R. Hutko, M. Bahavar, R. Karstens, T. Ahern, and R. Aster (2012), Data Products at the IRIS DMC: Stepping Stones for Research and Other Applications, Seismological Research Letters, 83(5), 846–854, https://doi.org/10.1785/0220120032.
To reference use of the Calibration data product:
- IRIS DMC (2011), Data Services Products: Calibration, Calibration products, https://doi.org/10.17611/DP/CAL.1.
To cite the source of the Calibration products please see:
- Project IDA, Random binary tests
- Project IDA, Recalibration of IRIS / IDA sensors
- Project IDA (international Deployment of Accelerometers), Scripps Institution of OceanographyUniversity of California, San Diego
- IRIS DMC Data Products Team