Taiwan.TTT.KWR.2012 (Kuo-Chen, Wu & Roecker, 2012) is based on a travel-time tomographic method from active- and passive-source experiments of Taiwan Integrated Geodynamic Research (TAIGER) and other permanent seismic networks. Totally, ~2800 stations are used.
|Title||3D P-wave velocity model of Taiwan from travel-time tomography|
|Type||3-D Tomography Earth Model|
|Sub Type||P-wave velocity (km/s)|
|Short Description||Taiwan.TTT.KWR.2012 is based on a travel-time tomographic method from active- and passive-source experiments of Taiwan Integrated Geodynamic Research (TAIGER) and other permanent seismic networks. Totally, ~2800 stations are used.|
|Department of Earth Sciences|
|National Central University|
|Jhongli, 32001, Taiwan|
|Francis T. Wu|
|Department of Geological Sciences and Environmental Studies|
|University of New York at Binghamton|
|NY 13902, USA|
|Steven W. Roecker|
|Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences|
|Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute|
|NY 12180, USA|
|Model Download||Taiwan.TTT.KWR.2012-vp_kmps.nc (metadata) is the netCDF binary for the above model expressed as P-wave velocity in km/s|
|Depth Coverage||0 to 116 km (best resolution 0-60 km)|
|Areal Coverage||Taiwan (latitude: 21.5°/25.496°, longitude: 120°/122.5°)|
|Data Set Description||Kuo-Chen et. al., 2012|
|Supplemental Information||The supplemental information page for this model contains information on model resolution.|
To cite IRIS DMC Data Products effort:
- Trabant, C., A. R. Hutko, M. Bahavar, R. Karstens, T. Ahern, and R. Aster (2012), Data Products at the IRIS DMC: Stepping Stones for Research and Other Applications, Seismological Research Letters, 83(5), 846–854, https://doi.org/10.1785/0220120032.
To cite the source of this Earth model:
- Kuo-Chen, H., F. T. Wu, and S. W. Roecker (2012) Three-Dimensional P Velocity Structures of the Lithosphere Beneath Taiwan from the Analysis of TAIGER and Related Seismic Data sets, J. Geophys. Res., 117, B06306, https://doi.org/10.1029/2011JB009108.
- Wu, F. T., and H. Kuo-Chen, K. McIntosh (2014) Subsurface imaging, TAIGER experiments and tectonic models of Taiwan, J. Asian Earth Sci., https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2014.03.024.
To reference the use of this Earth model hosted by EMC:
- IRIS DMC (2015), Data Services Products: Taiwan.TTT.KWR.2012, 3D P-wave velocity model of Taiwan from travel-time tomography, https://doi.org/10.17611/DP/10009346.
To cite IRIS Earth Model Collaboration (EMC) data product or reference use of its repository:
- IRIS DMC (2011), Data Services Products: EMC, A repository of Earth models, https://doi.org/10.17611/DP/EMC.1.
- H. Kuo-Chen
- F. T. Wu
- S. W. Roecker
- added to EMC