Thread: ppk zoom problem

Started: 2014-10-02 22:08:39
Last activity: 2014-10-03 21:23:31
Topics: SAC Help
Félicie Korostelev
2014-10-02 22:08:39
Hello,
I am using SAC version 101.6a on Mac osX 10.9.5, and I am running ppk to pick p waves for several stations at a time. I type ppk p 4 to view four stations at a time, but I can only zoom properly in the first subwindow (at the top of the first four traces plotted). As I scroll through all of the stations to pick them, when I try to zoom, the zoom function zooms in on the wrong portion of the trace. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have any advice?
Thank you very much!
  • George Helffrich
    2014-10-03 21:23:31
    Dear All -

This is such a long-standing behavior of SAC that it is hard to decide whether it is a feature or a bug. It certainly is not due to your particular release/platform combination. However, don’t hold your breath awaiting a fix because the developers would have to decide what a “fix" is.

PPK RELATIVE works, I believe. Or, picking one trace at a time (if the trace collection has different B times among them).

On 2 Oct 2014, at 22:08, Félicie Korostelev <felicie.korostelev<at>gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
    I am using SAC version 101.6a on Mac osX 10.9.5, and I am running ppk to pick p waves for several stations at a time. I type ppk p 4 to view four stations at a time, but I can only zoom properly in the first subwindow (at the top of the first four traces plotted). As I scroll through all of the stations to pick them, when I try to zoom, the zoom function zooms in on the wrong portion of the trace. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have any advice?
    Thank you very much!

George Helffrich
    george.helffrich<at>bris.ac.uk

• Félicie Korostelev
      2014-10-03 20:06:21
      Dear George,

Thank you for your answer. It works with PPK RELATIVE. Or I was advised to type the command sync after reading the files. Both methods work!

Thanks again for your help!

On 3 oct. 2014, at 07:23, George Helffrich <George.Helffrich<at>bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

Dear All -

This is such a long-standing behavior of SAC that it is hard to decide whether it is a feature or a bug. It certainly is not due to your particular release/platform combination. However, don’t hold your breath awaiting a fix because the developers would have to decide what a “fix" is.

PPK RELATIVE works, I believe. Or, picking one trace at a time (if the trace collection has different B times among them).

On 2 Oct 2014, at 22:08, Félicie Korostelev <felicie.korostelev<at>gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
      Thank you very much!

George Helffrich
      george.helffrich<at>bris.ac.uk

10:51:28 v.22510d55