Data Services Directorate Continues Support for International Training Workshops
The 8th IRIS Data Services workshop for seismic network operators is scheduled to be held in Bogotá, Colombia from 26-31 July, 2014. The workshop will immediately follow the Latin American and Caribbean Seismological Commission (LACSC) meeting in Bogotá. It is sponsored by IRIS through support from the National Science Foundation, IASPEI and the International Federation of Seismographic Networks.
The Data Services workshop will be immediately followed by the IRIS Advanced Studies Institute on Earthquake-Related Data Products from 1-2 August.
This year’s workshop will have a significantly modified agenda and include the following topics:
- The FDSN goal for international data sharing in the Latin American context
- Scientific uses of modern seismological data
- Real time data transmission techniques and practices
- FDSN Standards for Seismic Station metadata and tools to assist network operators in creating station metadata
- Methods of contributing data to and accessing data from the IRIS DMC including the newest web services techniques
- Data Products derived from time series data
- Seismic analysis tools and systems
- No cost seismic network processing systems
- New quality assurance systems being developed by IRIS Data Services
Participants will be selected from the Central America, South America, and Caribbean regions. Partial financial support will be provided by IRIS.
Registration for the workshop closes on March 31, 2014 and those accepted will be notified by May 2.
You can register at http://ds.iris.edu/ds/workshops/2014/07/managing-data-from-seismic-networks/register/
by Tim Ahern (IRIS Data Management Center)