New version of the IRIS DMC web search engine
A new version of the web search engine has been developed. Among
the changes are the following:
- Cleaner text filtering by the web crawler.
- Up to 500 matches are listed on navigable pages of 50 each.
- Matching words are highlighted in the displayed output, along with matching word counts.
- Results are cached to temp file for quick repeat access and navigation.
- Multiprocessing lessens wait time to viewing initial search results even as further results are processed.
For more about our in-house search engine, read this related article from a previous DMS Electronic Newsletter.
by Deborah Barnes (IRIS Data Management Center)