EMC is a community-supported repository for Earth models with the mission to facilitate share, preview, and access of various geophysical Earth models. The Earth model authors are strongly encouraged to share their geophysical Earth models with the research community through this repository. If you are interested in becoming a contributor to EMC, please follow the guidelines provided on this page.
To contribute your geophysical Earth model to IRIS EMC, please include the following (more details provided below):
- A journal article related to your model
- [optional] A distributable model bundle or a link to such a bundle
- [optional] Model coefficients and associated software
- The pre-gridded model in netCDF format
- The reference model (if any)
- A model summary
Please forward your model bundle and/or your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to a peer reviewed journal article related to the model. Models with an article under review, will be marked as provisional until the article is accepted for publication.
A distributable model bundle
[optional] The original model bundle or a link to a model bundle that includes model, data, scripts, notes and any other relevant material that is intended for direct distribution to the users (a link to this bundle will be placed on the model web page).
[optional] The model coefficients and the computer code that reads the coefficients and outputs the model values for a specified mesh size and depth. If public distribution of the parameters and codes are desired, they should be included in the public bundle described above.
Your gridded Earth model in netCDF format. You could convert a text file of your gridded model to netCDF format using the EMC Tools. Please see the samples directory for information on the metadata that must be included in your model.
The reference model in netCDF format and/or as coefficients of the polynomials describing the reference Earth model. This requirement could be dropped if the contributed model is referencing one of the models already offered by EMC.
Information about the model for the model detail page (please use one of the existing model web pages as a template). You could submit the content for the model’s detail page as a text file or as a Word document along with an image for the model and a short caption for it.
To cite IRIS DMC Data Products effort:
- Trabant, C., A. R. Hutko, M. Bahavar, R. Karstens, T. Ahern, and R. Aster (2012), Data Products at the IRIS DMC: Stepping Stones for Research and Other Applications, Seismological Research Letters, 83(5), 846–854, https://doi.org/10.1785/0220120032.
To cite IRIS Earth Model Collaboration (EMC) data product or reference use of its repository:
- IRIS DMC (2011), Data Services Products: EMC, A repository of Earth models, https://doi.org/10.17611/DP/EMC.1.
To cite the source or reference the use of a particular Earth model hosted by EMC:
- Please visit the specific Earth model’s page of interest and click on the Citations under Quicklinks.
- IRIS EMC