DBRD_NATURE2020 contains 3 seismic models which provide the datasets for the observation of partial melt below tectonic plates. DR2020s and QsADR17s are 3D models of S-wave velocity and attenuation, respectively. These models are obtained at the same resolution. Their joint interpretation yields DBRD_MELT2020, a 3D model of the melt content in the asthenosphere.
|Title||Data for ‘Seismic evidence for partial melt below tectonic plates’ by Debayle et al., (2020)|
|Type||3-D Tomography Models of Upper Mantle Shear velocity, Attenuation and Melt content|
|Sub Type||SV wave velocity, S-wave attenuation, melt content|
|Data Revision||r0.1 (revision history)|
|Short Description||This dataset contains 3 seismic models: DR2020s, QsADR17 and DBRD_MELT2020. DR2020s (Debayle et al., 2020) is a global isotropic (Voigt average) S-wave model of the upper mantle based on the waveform analysis of approximately 375,000 Rayleigh waves. QsADR17 (Adenis et al., 2017) is a global model of S-wave quality factor of the upper mantle based on the same dataset and modelling approach. DBRD_MELT2020 (Debayle et al., 2020) is a global model of melt content in the upper mantle based on the simultaneous interpretation of DR2020s and QsADR17.
|Authors:||Eric Debayle, Thomas Bodin, Yanick Ricard, Stéphanie Durand
Univ Lyon, Univ Lyon 1, ENSL, CNRS, LGL-TPE, F-69622, Villeurbanne, France
|Model Download||Download codes and data sets in ascii format
DBRD-NATURE2020-depth.r0.1.nc (see metadata ), is the netCDF file for the 3 seismic models as a function of depth.
DBRD-NATURE2020-radius.r0.1.nc (see metadata ), is the netCDF file for the 3 seismic models as a function of earth radius.
|Depth Coverage||50 to 650 km for the Vs and Qs models (partial melt values are given between 50 km and 350 km)|
|Data Set Description||This dataset contains 3 seismic models: DR2020s, QsADR17 and DBRD_MELT2020. DR2020s is a global isotropic (Voigt average) S-wave model of the upper mantle based on the waveform analysis of approximately 375,000 Rayleigh waves. QsADR17 is a global S-wave quality factor model of the upper mantle based on the same dataset. DBRD_MELT2020 is a global model of melt content in the upper mantle.|
To cite the original work behind this Earth model:
- Debayle, E., Bodin, T., Durand, S. et al. Seismic evidence for partial melt below tectonic plates. Nature 586, 555–559 (2020). https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-020-2809-4
To cite IRIS DMC Data Products effort:
- Trabant, C., A. R. Hutko, M. Bahavar, R. Karstens, T. Ahern, and R. Aster (2012), Data Products at the IRIS DMC: Stepping Stones for Research and Other Applications, Seismological Research Letters, 83(5), 846–854, https://doi.org/10.1785/0220120032.
DOI for this EMC webpage:
- Adenis, A., E. Debayle, and Y. Ricard, Attenuation tomography of the upper mantle, Geophys. Res. Lett., 44, https://doi.org/10.1002/2017GL073751, 2017
- r0.1 models provided by Fabien Dubuffet
- r0.0 models provided by Fabien Dubuffet
revision r0.1: uploaded February 3, 2021. This version replaced the negative mp values with missing_value
revision r0.0: uploaded July 21, 2020.