Thread: A problem in the instalation process

Started: 2014-02-13 23:22:13
Last activity: 2014-03-31 16:50:38
Topics: SAC Help
Ashraf
2014-02-13 23:22:13
Hi, dear Sir,
When I applied to get the SAC, I received this message under text with the attached code,
my problem is that I want to install the on windows 7. Please tell me how to do it.

Best regards,
Ashraf

Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:14 PM
To: Ali Ashraf
Cc: Gale Cox
Subject: Re: SAC Software Request v101.6a-SAC Source Code

Attached is the compressed tar file with the source code and makefiles for SAC v101.6a: sac-101.6a_source.tar.gz

The first step is to expand the .tar.gz file. If your version of tar has the "z" option, you can do this in one step:

tar -xzf sac-101.6a_source.tar.gz

Otherwise, you must first unzip and then untar the file. One way to do this is

gzip -d -c sac-101.6a_source.tar.gz | tar -xf -

The result of this operation is the creation of a subdirectory ./sac-101.6a .

If you have a problem getting to this point, reply to this message with a detailed description of your problem.

File ./sac-101.6a/License, contains the terms you agreed to honor when you requested SAC software. In particular you agreed NOT TO DISTRIBUTE the SAC Software.

Instructions for building the SAC package are in file ./sac-101.6a/Readme.buildsac . As noted in that file, instructions for setting environmental variables for your system are given in file ./sac-101.6a/README . The information in those two files should be all you need to get the package running on your system.

Problems? Questions?
The SAC community has established a mailing list to assist users with issues installing and using SAC (sac-help). Please direct your questions to this mailing list, which requires a subscription: http://www.iris.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/sac-help

Gale J. Cox
Office Manager

IRIS-DMC
1408 NE 45th St.
Seattle,WA 98105
Phone: 206-547-0393[X]206-547-0393
Fax: 206-547-1093
email: gale<at>iris.washington.edu<gale<at>iris.washington.edu>

On Feb 11, 2014, at 4:57 AM, ashraf.adly<at>sed.ethz.ch<ashraf.adly<at>sed.ethz.ch> wrote:

Requester's name: Ashraf, Adly
Title: PhD student

Institution: ETHZ

Email: ashraf.adly<at>sed.ethz.ch<ashraf.adly<at>sed.ethz.ch>
Personal URL:
Research description/relevance:
site response analysis, site amplification

Mailing address:
114, Fluhgasse 32, 8008 Zurich

Postal Code: 8008 Zurich

Computer System Information
Linux 32:
Linux 64:
Mac 32 PPC:
Mac 32 Intel:
Mac 64:
Sun Solaris:

SAC Source Code: yes
Cygwin Source Code:

Software License Agreement
Checked "I Agree": yes

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

• Dear Ali Ashraf

The distribution of SAC is done by IRIS under an agreement we have with LLNL of the US Department of Energy and the University of California. The distribution of SAC is limited and does not allow you to redistribute SAC at all. In your email to the SAC-HELP list you attached the the distribution of SAC which violates the license agreement that you accepted when you requested SAC,.

I am copying the SAC-HELP list as well to insure that all subscribers are aware of the limitation of SAC that is in place. No one other than IRIS should ever redistribute SAC to anyone including a broadcast distribution to a email list server.

Please take care in following the license conditions that you agreed to or we could lose the ability to distribute SAC to anyone in the future. I will notify LLNL of this infraction.

Regards

Tim Ahern

Director of Data Services
    IRIS

IRIS DMC
    1408 NE 45th Street #201
    Seattle, WA 98105

(206)547-0393 x118
    (206) 547-1093 FAX

On Feb 13, 2014, at 7:20 AM, Ali Ashraf <ashraf.adly<at>sed.ethz.ch> wrote:

Hi, dear Sir,
    When I applied to get the SAC, I received this message under text with the attached code,
    my problem is that I want to install the on windows 7. Please tell me how to do it.

Best regards,
    Ashraf

Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:14 PM
    To: Ali Ashraf
    Cc: Gale Cox
    Subject: Re: SAC Software Request v101.6a-SAC Source Code

Attached is the compressed tar file with the source code and makefiles for SAC v101.6a: sac-101.6a_source.tar.gz

The first step is to expand the .tar.gz file. If your version of tar has the "z" option, you can do this in one step:

tar -xzf sac-101.6a_source.tar.gz

Otherwise, you must first unzip and then untar the file. One way to do this is

gzip -d -c sac-101.6a_source.tar.gz | tar -xf -

The result of this operation is the creation of a subdirectory ./sac-101.6a .

If you have a problem getting to this point, reply to this message with a detailed description of your problem.

File ./sac-101.6a/License, contains the terms you agreed to honor when you requested SAC software. In particular you agreed NOT TO DISTRIBUTE the SAC Software.

Instructions for building the SAC package are in file ./sac-101.6a/Readme.buildsac . As noted in that file, instructions for setting environmental variables for your system are given in file ./sac-101.6a/README . The information in those two files should be all you need to get the package running on your system.

Problems? Questions?
    The SAC community has established a mailing list to assist users with issues installing and using SAC (sac-help). Please direct your questions to this mailing list, which requires a subscription: http://www.iris.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/sac-help

Gale J. Cox
    Office Manager

IRIS-DMC
    1408 NE 45th St.
    Seattle,WA 98105
    Phone: 206-547-0393[X]206-547-0393
    Fax: 206-547-1093
    email: gale<at>iris.washington.edu<gale<at>iris.washington.edu>

On Feb 11, 2014, at 4:57 AM, ashraf.adly<at>sed.ethz.ch<ashraf.adly<at>sed.ethz.ch> wrote:

Requester's name: Ashraf, Adly
    Title: PhD student

Institution: ETHZ

Email: ashraf.adly<at>sed.ethz.ch<ashraf.adly<at>sed.ethz.ch>
    Personal URL:
    Research description/relevance:
    site response analysis, site amplification

Mailing address:
    114, Fluhgasse 32, 8008 Zurich

Postal Code: 8008 Zurich

Computer System Information
    Linux 32: