Thread: Rv: Question about Representation with SAC

Started: 2014-12-11 02:44:29
Last activity: 2014-12-11 16:32:44
Topics: SAC Help
Good afternoon

I am a SAC user and I have been trying to represent a group of sismograms in only one image but with a special condition.
All the sismograms are of the same event and all of them have the same X axis (with the time). In the Y axis I want to represent the epicentral distance and I wan to put my sismograms placed in their epicentran distance.
Is it posible to represent with SAC and use that conditions?
Thanks you for your help and your time.
-JAVIER FERNANDEZ FRAILE-Universidad Complutense de Madrid

• George Helffrich
    2014-12-11 16:32:44
    Dear Javier -

You want to use the PLOTRECORDSECTION command in the SSS subprocess. These are some basic commands to help you get started; then you can adjust them for your own data.

datagen sub regional *.z ;* Built-in data
    sss
    tw -10 400 ;* Define time window
    prs ;* Default record section plot

Chapter 8 of the SAC book has a lot of examples of the use of the SSS subprocess.

On 11 Dec 2014, at 03:44, Javier Fernandez <fernandezfrailejavier<at>yahoo.es> wrote:

Good afternoon

I am a SAC user and I have been trying to represent a group of sismograms in only one image but with a special condition.

All the sismograms are of the same event and all of them have the same X axis (with the time). In the Y axis I want to represent the epicentral distance and I wan to put my sismograms placed in their epicentran distance.

Is it posible to represent with SAC and use that conditions?

Thanks you for your help and your time.

-JAVIER FERNANDEZ FRAILE-
    Universidad Complutense de Madrid

George Helffrich
    george.helffrich<at>bris.ac.uk

09:46:45 v.22510d55