Thread: Re: Some AmaSeis improvements -- missing DLLs

Started: 2008-02-22 03:43:13
Last activity: 2008-02-22 03:43:13
Topics: IRIS EPO
Craig Messerman
2008-02-22 03:43:13
I tried this week to install Amaseis on an open network directory for my students to use in any lab. I could see the OWL52 file when looking from the computer I installed it from (and the program worked), but when I had a student try the program from a computer lab, I got the error. Can we use Amaseis from a network directory?

Craig Messerman
Sentinel High School, Missoula, Montana
"Alan Jones" <AlanJones<at>stny.rr.com> 02/03/08 06:36 AM >>>
Jerry,

Thanks for the heads up. I switched to multi-threaded libraries recently and forgot to include them in the distribution. This has been fixed. Try downloading again.

I'm sorry for the problem.

Alan
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Alan Jones'
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 11:10 PM
Subject: RE: [irised] Some AmaSeis improvements

Hi Dr. Jones,

I have downloaded, removed, and reinstalled the latest version of AmaSeis three times and can never get it to load. Every time I try to start the program I get the following error message "as1.exe unable to locate component. OWL52t.dll was not found". I searched the internet for this file with no success. Any suggestions?

Jerry R. Cook

Phoenix Country Day School

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: irised-bounces<at>iris.washington.edu [irised-bounces<at>iris.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Alan Jones
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 6:35 AM
To: IRISED
Subject: [irised] Some AmaSeis improvements

I have made some small changes in AmaSeis and in the Stations program.

2008.02.02: At request of John Lahr, Normalized the Fourier Transform so that when analyzing noise, the amplitude remains relatively constant as you extract different length signsls. Stations program in AmaSeisAux now automatically downloads the IRISEdStations.xml file from the IRIS download site.

The Stations program displays a map of the world showing the stations that are providing real-time upload of their data. You just click on one of these stations and the last day's data are downloaded and displayed on an AmaSeis screen. Consider adding your station to those who are automatically uploading their data.

To obtain these programs, follow this link:

http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~ajones/AmaSeis.html

Note, that this link has changed. The older www.geol.binghamton.edu computer is being phased out. Please change your links.

Alan

############################
# Alan Jones
## AlanJones<at>stny.rr.com
### http://home.stny.rr.com/alanjones
#### 607-786-5866
##### 3717 Wildwood Drive
###### Endwell, NY 13760
############################

Notice: This e-mail may contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, delete it without copying it and immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail. Thank you.
<<<< GWAVASIG >>>>

06:29:19 v.01697673