Thread: Faculty Position in Geology or Geophysics, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa

Started: 2016-06-30 16:25:29
Last activity: 2016-06-30 16:25:29
Forwarded on behalf of:
Bridget Smith-Konter
University of Hawaii at Manoa
brkonter<at>hawaii.edu
--------------------

The Department of Geology and Geophysics at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa seeks applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Earth science at the rank of Assistant Professor (or Associate Professor for an exceptional candidate with 4 years or more experience at assistant level or equivalent). Candidates whose research and teaching expertise align with identified target areas (including seismology, volcanology, hydrology, and mineral physics) of the Department and the School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology are encouraged to apply. However, excellent candidates in all Earth science disciplines will be considered. The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a vigorous, externally funded research program and to engage in Departmental undergraduate and graduate instructional programs. Candidates with a record of teaching excellence and innovation are preferred. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Earth science at the time of application. Applications must be submitted electronically via email (gt<at>soest.hawaii.edu) as a single PDF file that includes: (1) a letter of application; (2) a curriculum vitae with a list of publications and research funding; (3) a statement of teaching experience and interests detailing evidence of teaching excellence; (4) a statement of research interests, synergistic activities, and future research endeavors; and (5) contact information for at least three references. Review of applications will begin Aug. 26, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is Aug. 1, 2017. The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Institution. Information on the Department can be found at http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/GG/. The complete vacancy announcement is available at workatuh.hawaii.edu for position number 0088192.

14:08:36 v.01697673