Started: 2018-05-15 18:41:35
Last activity: 2018-05-15 18:41:35
Topics: Other Meetings
the ORFEUS (https://www.orfeus-eu.org/) Annual Observatory Meeting and Workshop of this year will be held in Athens, Greece, on 12-13 November 2018.
The workshop will focus on Strong-Motion Seismology and Engineering Seismology. Core thematic areas will be:
* Coordination and knowledge transfer among Euro-Mediterranean networks and observatories.
* ORFEUS / EPOS strong-motion services.
* Challenges in Strong-Motion and Engineering Seismology and the role of ORFEUS in serving the community to face them.
* Best practices in site characterisation.
* EPOS NFOs data integration.
The workshop will comprise oral and poster presentations.
We anticipate invited lectures in all thematic areas by renowned European experts.
For those interested, a guided visit to the Acropolis and its strong-motion monitoring array will be organised on November 14 in the morning.
The workshop is co-sponsored by EPOS Seismology, and the participation of EPOS NFOs is encouraged.
More information, including the detailed workshop program and registration procedure, will be made available in the coming weeks.
Please save the dates in your calendars!
Looking forward to meeting many of you in Athens this fall !
The Organising Committee