Thread: OBSPY FDSN Client help

Started: 2020-02-18 03:47:16
Last activity: 2020-02-18 03:47:16
Katie Jacobs
2020-02-18 03:47:16
Hi

I've been trying to download some restricted data from NZ3D FWI. I just returned to a script that I haven't used for awhile, but now it is returning a message that FDSNNoDataException: No data available for request.
I'm almost positive there is data. I've tried different dates and times within the deployment time period, but I can't seem to get data for any times/stations now. I can get an inventory and it lists the stations I expect, but I haven't been able to download waveforms.

This is a restricted dataset, but I've set up the client to take a username and password. I checked changing the password, and it gives me a different message that I need authorization so I'm confident the username/password are correct. I've put a rough example of code below. Is there another place I have to enter the password or something else I'm doing wrong?
Thanks for your help
-Katie

From obspy.clients.fdsn import Client as FDSN_Client
From obspy import UTCDateTime

Rclient=FDSN_Client("IRIS",user=username, password=password)
Etime=UTCDateTime('2018-01-13T18:07:33.750Z')
E2=Etime+3600
St=Rclient.get_waveforms("3C","BC12","*","HH*", Etime, E2)#Same No data message for other times, other stations, wildcard stations "*", "BC*", "BS*"

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential and may not be used, published or redistributed without the prior written consent of the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited (GNS Science). If received in error please destroy and immediately notify GNS Science. Do not copy or disclose the contents.

18:44:00 v.01697673