Thread: Dataless SEED files requested through breq_FAST will not load in PDCC

Started: 2022-10-05 01:52:01
Last activity: 2022-10-17 19:17:07
Michael Burgy - NOAA Federal
2022-10-05 01:52:01
I am new to using PDCC and I cannot get a datalessSEED file to load after I
get the *.tar.dataless file from IRIS.
When I try to load the datalessSEED file I get the following error;
Import error occurred: For input string "t1_" .
The text "t1_" corresponds to a portion of the first word (
*Burgytest1_204380/
*) on the first line of the document. This first word seems to be where the
problem is; if I change the "1" to a "2", then the error message will
change to;
Import error occurred: For input string "t2_" .

I have tried additional breq_FAST requests and it is the same with
each file that I get. How do I load a dataless SEED file from a breq_FQAST
request in PDCC?
Thank you.
Michael

--
*Michael Burgy*
*Physical Scientist*
*National Tsunami Warning Center*
907 745-4212

• Hi Michael-

PDCC is at end of life for support given the fact that IRIS metadata processing has moved on from dataless SEED to StationXML formatted metadata. In any case, I will try to help as best I can.

Firstly, I am trying to understand the file that you now have. It ends in .tar.dataless? Is this a tar file?

If so, you will need to untar the file and process the dataless file(s) within. PDCC cannot read a tar file directly, and it almost sounds like that is what it was trying to do. Just taking a guess from limited information.

If you're wanting to move your processes forward in the new direction with StationXML, we have a dataless to stationxml converter utility that can perform the conversion back and forth between formats. In addition, we now offer a new editor tool called Yasmine, which can be found on the IRIS GitHub page. Let me know if you are interested and I can forward you the details.

Regards,

-Rob

On Oct 17, 2022, at 11:55 AM, Michael Burgy - NOAA Federal (via IRIS) <data-request-help-bounce<at>lists.ds.iris.edu> wrote:

I am new to using PDCC and I cannot get a datalessSEED file to load after I get the *.tar.dataless file from IRIS.
    When I try to load the datalessSEED file I get the following error;
    Import error occurred: For input string "t1_" .
    The text "t1_" corresponds to a portion of the first word ( Burgytest1_204380/ ) on the first line of the document. This first word seems to be where the problem is; if I change the "1" to a "2", then the error message will change to;
    Import error occurred: For input string "t2_" .

I have tried additional breq_FAST requests and it is the same with each file that I get. How do I load a dataless SEED file from a breq_FQAST request in PDCC?
    Thank you.
    Michael

--
    Michael Burgy
    Physical Scientist
    National Tsunami Warning Center
    907 745-4212

----------------------
    Data Request Help
    Topic home: http://ds.iris.edu/message-center/topic/data-request-help/ | Unsubscribe: data-request-help-unsubscribe<at>lists.ds.iris.edu

Sent from the IRIS Message Center (http://ds.iris.edu/message-center/)
    Update subscription preferences at http://ds.iris.edu/account/profile/

05:48:37 v.22510d55