[webservices] event query with catalog/contributor

Philip Crotwell crotwell at seis.sc.edu
Thu Mar 14 12:05:29 PDT 2013

Is there a way in the event service to query for events that are in the
NEIC PDE-W or NEIC PDE-M but not get events that only occur in the NEIC
PDE-Q or NEIC ALERT? In other words, I want to process using the weekly or
the monthly, but I don't want to use the Q or the ALERT.

Some time ago I was told that you cannot specify more than one contributor,
which seems to be the case as this query returns no data. So, my guess is
that I need to do this as 2 separate queries and merge the results locally
if both return data?

http://www.iris.edu/ws/event/query?starttime=2010-10-27T06:30:00&endtime=2011-10-01T06:30:00&minmag=7&contributor=NEIC+PDE-M,NEIC+PDE-W&orderby=time&output=xml

Also, if you are not going to accept multiple contributors or catalogs, it
might be good to cause an 400 error on this query instead of a 404. You do
checking on some other fields like orderby and output, so might as well
check catalog and contributor.

In other words this query gives a 404 but probably should give a 400.

http://www.iris.edu/ws/event/query?starttime=2010-10-27T06:30:00&endtime=2011-10-01T06:30:00&minmag=7&contributor=BLAH&orderby=time&output=xml

Similar for this one.

http://www.iris.edu/ws/event/query?starttime=2010-10-27T06:30:00&endtime=2011-10-01T06:30:00&minmag=7&catalog=BLAH&orderby=time&output=xml

thanks,