[webservices] HTTP status code

Philip Crotwell crotwell at seis.sc.edu
Mon Apr 15 15:21:08 PDT 2013

Hi John

You might check this out, it has information on what codes are used when.
Not sure how closely the services hew to the spec, but...
http://www.fdsn.org/webservices/FDSN-WS-Specifications-1.0.pdf

I don't actually know, but my guess is that too many requests in parallel
would be silently killed by the load balancer/firewall thingy at the DMC as
the request would never actually make it to the web service itself. Would
be nice to have some official clarification so clients can avoid using too
many threads/sockets.

Philip