[webservices] HTTP status code

Chad Trabant chad at iris.washington.edu
Thu Apr 18 09:38:15 PDT 2013

Hi John,

During some maintenance or error conditions you will receive an HTTP 503 when the service is unavailable.

For now, unfortunately, when you hit the limit of parallel requests the connections are dropped/reset at the TCP level.  From the client perspective it would be better if we returned an HTTP 503 in this case.  We'll look into making this possible and balance with other security implications.

Chad