[webservices] irisFetch.Traces returning duplicate values for unique SNCL-time

Mary Templeton met at iris.washington.edu
Thu Feb 7 15:01:55 PST 2013

Hello,

	I'm running a matlab amplitude check on GSN stations for the recent Santa
Cruz Islands event.  I've done this for past event of M>=7 with no problem.

	Today my routine is failing because the structure returned by irisFetch.Traces
for IC.ENH.00.BHZ (for example) is a structure of 1x2 arrays having duplicate
values rather than a structure of single values.  I'm not getting this behavior with
CI.PASC.00.BHZ.

Here's what I'm used to:

>> net='CI'
net =CI
>> sta='PASC'
sta =PASC
>> loc='00'
loc =00
>> chan='BHZ'
chan =BHZ
>> starttime
starttime =2013-02-06 01:12:35
>> endtime
endtime =2013-02-06 03:12:35

>> primary = irisFetch.Traces(net,sta,loc,chan,starttime,endtime)
primary =
                 network: 'CI'
                 station: 'PASC'
                location: '00'
                 channel: 'BHZ'
                 quality: 'M'
                latitude: 34.1714
               longitude: -118.1852
               elevation: 341
                   depth: 0
                 azimuth: 0
                     dip: -90
             sensitivity: 5.9199e+09
    sensitivityFrequency: 0.0300
              instrument: 'STS-1'
        sensitivityUnits: 'M/S'
                    data: [288000x1 single]
             sampleCount: 288000
              sampleRate: 40
               startTime: 7.3527e+05
                 endTime: 7.3527e+05
                   sacpz: [1x1 struct]

Here's how IC.ENH differs:

>> net='IC'
net =IC
>> sta='ENH'
sta =ENH

>> secondary = irisFetch.Traces(net,sta,loc,chan,starttime,endtime)
secondary =
1x2 struct array with fields:
    network
    station
    location
    channel
    quality
    latitude
    longitude
    elevation
    depth
    azimuth
    dip
    sensitivity
    sensitivityFrequency
    instrument
    sensitivityUnits
    data
    sampleCount
    sampleRate
    startTime
    endTime
    sacpz

>> secondary.sampleRate
ans =    20
ans =    20
>> secondary.network
ans =IC
ans =IC

etc.

The only field where the values aren't duplicated is sampleCount:
>> secondary.sampleCount
ans =       75712
ans =       60270

Is this what you would expect?  If so, can you explain when/why it occurs?  I'm wondering
if this is an error or something I need to catch and handle.

Thanks a bunch,
Mary Templeton