[webservices] Fetching restricted data with irisFetch.m

Rob Porritt rporritt at usc.edu
Wed Jun 24 19:01:19 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've been working on some software which uses irisFetch to retrieve
waveform data. It is inefficient because I am currently making one call to
irisFetch.Traces() for each station-event pair, but if I try to add a user
name and password for restricted data, after a (seemingly) random (and
variable) number of requests, I get an error of invalid username/password
(line 280 in irisFetch.m) from the IRIS-WS jar (tested on IRIS-WS Java
Library versions 2.0.6 and 2.0.13 at least). I can force my program to
continue by removing the error() command in irisFetch.m, but would like to
know what could be causing this error from the jar file.

Thanks,
Rob