What is miniSEED?
This is a stripped down version of SEED data which only contains waveform data.
There are no detailed metadata on the station instrumentation present, which can be supplied by a supplementary dataless SEED file. More information
Getting a MiniSEED file:
- Submit a BREQ_FAST style request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your mail client. BREQ_FAST Request manual
- Go to the BUD Tools web page and extract data from the real-time data buffers.
- Use JWEED to download selected miniSEED data.
- Use rdseed on an existing SEED file to extract miniseed.
- Use the FDSN dataselect web service. The IRIS timeseries web service allows DSP conversions to be performed on the data before delivery. More information on web services.