Thread: Faculty Positions in Big Data at Wayne State University

Started: 2018-11-28 18:51:50
Last activity: 2018-11-28 18:51:50
Sarah Brownlee
2018-11-28 18:51:50
Hello everyone,

I’d like to bring your attention to the following opportunities at Wayne State University as part of a University-wide initiative in ‘Big Data’. There will potentially be multiple hires in the broad area of Science and Engineering, and I would love to see one of those be an Earth Scientist. Please feel free to contact me with questions (Sarah Brownlee, sarah.brownlee<at>wayne.edu <sarah.brownlee<at>wayne.edu>). The text of the ad is pasted below. Thank you!

Sarah
Faculty Positions for Big Data in Science and Engineering

Wayne State University invites applications for multiple new tenured/tenure-track faculty positions as part of our multidisciplinary initiative in “Big Data”. The intent of this initiative is to build on our existing strengths in research and curricula in Big Data and its applications in and implications for business, health, law, social sciences, arts, humanities, sciences and engineering.

We will recruit up to 9 faculty with complementary research and/or teaching interests in the following focus areas: Social Sciences, Business and Health; Arts and Humanities; Science and Engineering. This posting is for Science and Engineering (posting # 043924).

Examples areas of interest in Science and Engineering include, but are not limited to: computational, statistical and experimental approaches in big data; big data analytics in health care management, urban environmental and sustainability research, genomics, supply chain management and information technology; improving learning technologies to support STEM education, training and problem solving; and critical perspectives on big data.

Review of applicants will commence immediately and continue until positions are filled. For best consideration, please submit curriculum vitae, cover letter, research statement, and up to three references by December 20, 2018.

Qualified candidates should submit applications to the Wayne State University Online Hiring System at https://jobs.wayne.edu https://jobs.wayne.edu/ referring to posting # 043924.
09:54:16 v.22510d55