IRIS Data Services will again be conducting a short course on Monday morning December 15,2014 at the AGU. It will run from 8 am to 12:00 pm and take place in the MOMA room of the Palomar Hotel, near the Moscone Center. The discussion will be informal but we will demonstrate and discuss a variety of topics including:
- What data are available at the DMC (with a focus on raw seismic data)
- How data is referenced (SEED naming, UTC times and virtual networks)
- Getting your feet wet: event-related data access with Wilber 3
- WILBER exercise
- Fundamentals of web service technologies
- Review of web services at the DMC
- Exercise using web services, URL Builders
- Web services beyond the browser: Fetch scripts, Java, MATLAB, ObsPy
- Exercise using FetchData
- Other DMC services: SeedLink and BreqFast
- MUSTANG Quality Assurance System
- Question and Answer period
Registration for the short course is not mandatory, however, we ask that you supply your name and contact info in order to get a attendance count. Please send your info to email@example.com or use the registration page.
Participates should be aware that no breakfast will be served at the short course. Only coffee and light snacks will be made available later in the morning.
Participants are strongly encouraged to bring their own computers in order to do exercises. To get the most out of the experience computers should be able to connect to the Internet(through the provided WiFi), have a web browser and be able to run Perl scripts.
12 Fourth St
San Francisco, CA 94103
Important Dates and Venue
December 15, 2014 — December 15, 2014
Short course will be held in San Francisco, United States.
Registration will open on November 1, 2014 and close on November 30, 2014.
IRIS will notify applicants if their request to attend the short course is accepted by December 5, 2014