Is there a limit on the number of lines I can have in a BREQ_FAST request? Limit on the size of data?
There are a number of variables that will contribute to answering your question. Here are a general set of guidelines which should help you to generate BREQ_FAST-style requests that will suit your needs:
- The end result
fullSEEDvolume is limited to 30 GB in size but a
miniSEEDrequest technically has no limit since it will generate station files that are each under 30 GB. However, be sure you have enough disk space on your end to download a large miniSEED request which can exceed 400 GB in size.
- A miniSEED request will result in the waveform data along with the dataless which can be used with rdseed to form a fullSEED file.
- There are no limits on the number of lines found in a BREQ_FAST formatted request. However, the more lines in a request the longer it will take to process.
- In general, the less that is asked for in each BREQ_FAST formatted request, the quicker the process.
- When sending in multiple BREQ_FAST-formatted requests, you will receive at least 2-3 email confirmations and alerts for each request submitted. Be sure to mark any emails received from firstname.lastname@example.org as legitimate. Otherwise, these emails which are viewed as SPAM on your end will be returned back to us.
- Additional information on BREQ_FAST can be found by reading the manual