Thread: AlpArray phase aligned record sections for May 26, 2019 M8.0 Northern Peru earthquake

Started: 2019-07-03 19:09:54
Last activity: 2019-07-03 19:09:54
Dear sir/madam,

I'm a PhD student at ETH Zurich. I'm currently working on P waves, particularly on core phases, using the AlpArray (>600 temporary + permanent stations with ~50km spacing) in Europe.

For the M8.0 Northern Peru earthquake, I created some section plots which are aligned to P wave. The observed waveforms are first aligned to the theoretical arrival time for P wave with IASP91 as background model. Then they are filtered and cross-correlated with synthetic waveforms downloaded using Syngine and later shifted according to the relative travel time. They are normalized and plotted in 3 different orientations (vertical, radial, transverse displacement) and 3 different bands (0.05-0.2Hz, 0.1-1Hz, 0.3-3Hz): https://polybox.ethz.ch/index.php/s/6sRA1JsfxbF3cyO

The theoretical arrival times of different phases based on IASP91 are plotted and labelled. A stacked trace is also plotted in the bottom of each section plot. Please note that the stacked trace is scaled to fit the plot.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Angel

-------------------------------------
Angel Ling
ETH Zürich
Department of Earth Sciences

12:12:31 v.22510d55