[webservices] New version of the IRIS Java web services library: 2.0.2

Anthony Lomax alomax at free.fr
Thu Jul 4 03:17:13 PDT 2013

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the tips.  I think we can work with the new service with the
fdsnws/station*matchtimeseries* parameter and text format, I will check
when I continue developments after a vacation next week...

We are using text output already, but in our schools availability web
service this returns exactly the query parameters one needs to make a
subsequent timeseries request, for example:
http://namazu.unice.fr/ws/availability/query?&starttime=2013-02-01T10:09:49&endtime=2013-02-03T10:09:49&sta=CIVF&cha=BH*

the reply to which allows easy construction of:
http://namazu.unice.fr/ws/timeseries/query?&sta=CIVF&cha=BHZ&start=2013-02-02T11:34:00.000&end=2013-02-02T11:34:00.000&output=plot

I am not sure if we will continue with this behaviour since it is not
standard IRIS WS, but maybe keep it as an additional output type, e.g.
output=tsquery, when we roll our availability service into fdsnws/station.

Thanks,

Anthony

*tel: +33 (0)4 93 75 25 02 e-mail: anthony at alomax.net