The Quality Assurance (QA) team at the IRIS DMC is tasked with monitoring the quality of the IRIS DMC seismic data archive and providing resources relating to data quality to the earth science community. On this page you will find information on general QA practices, MUSTANG metrics and PDFs, and links to QA related products and services at the DMC.
QA Related Web Services, Products, and Software
MUSTANG, Modular Utility for Statistical Knowledge Gathering: seismic data quality metrics and Probability Density Functions (PDFs).
- Introduction to MUSTANG
- MUSTANG Databrowser , a web based MUSTANG metrics plotting tool
- LASSO , a web based station performance tool utilizing MUSTANG metrics
- Comprehensive Data Analytics as a Service – The MUSTANG Project , Data Services Newsletter:Volume 16:Summer 2014 Article
Global ShakeMovie synthetics at the DMC
Global ShakeMovie synthetics at the DMC event listing
Data Problem Reports – search submitted data problem reports by station and network. This is not an exhaustive listing of all data problems that may exist in the archive.
There is a Message Center List available to provide a forum for QA discussion by the community (subscription required):
And a Message Center List for MUSTANG-related announcements (including service outages and downtimes, etc.):
Issues regarding Quality Assurance at the IRIS DMC can be addressed to this Message Center List :
IRIS DMC QA Staff can be contacted directly at:
Knowledge Base Questions & Answers
There are currently 5 Quality Assurance related questions:
- Evaluation performance of national stations using PQLX
- Does IRIS perform quality assurance on the data it receives?
- Someone told me the USArray TA data has gaps. Is that true?
- Every now and then the data from a USArray TA station I am using look crazy.
- How accurate are the USArray Transportable Array instrument orientations?
There are currently 4 Quality Assurance tutorials: