VASE v2.8 Released
The IRIS DMC announces the release of VASE v2.8.
Vase is a Java-based client application designed for viewing and extracting seismic waveforms from the DHI waveform repository via the BUD, POND, and primary waveform archives.
New to Vase version 2.8
- Ability to edit program properties.
- Addition of the “home” property to define Vase’s working directory
- Support for accessing restricted data.
- Response file downloading.
- MINISEED output.
- Extensive help screens.
- Time spans are added to the nslc listing.
- user can see what time spans are available.
- Support for time tears when saving waveforms to disk.
- When Vase detects a time tear it will create a new file.
- Small improvements and bug fixes:
- Map loads in background, quicker response.
- If first map fails to load, or zoom level is not supported, Vase will try second mapping service.
- More consistent mapping of stations with what is requested.
- Took out station editing from map.
- SAC and SAC_ASCII files had header variables fixed.
- variables referring to events were made “N/A” as opposed to zero values.
- added support for 32 bit compression when zooming.
- Support for very long data streams.
- The “About” pane can be place into its own popup window.
VASE Software Download
by Tim Knight (IRIS Data Management Center)