This Special Event web page is intended to provide direct links to and images of data and materials available from IRIS programs and preliminary research results from the seismology community. We welcome any additional contributions containing original content that might be of interest to the research community. Please send them to the email address listed below.
IRIS does not necessarily endorse the views or scientific validity of the posted items.
Email contributions to:
All scientific contributions addressed to the community will be forwarded to the special-events mailing list. If you DO NOT want your email being forwarded, please address it to IRIS or explicitly write do not forward.
non-public webpage. The figure was made internally at IRIS and has not been made public. The data for April 25 were never available to the public.
This is what the entry on the Nepal Special Events page would look like.
data from Mt Everest station EV.EVN 200 km from epicenter ¶
The EV.EVN data are now available from the DMC archive via normal extraction methods, e.g. breq_fast, webservices.
Please acknowledge the Ev-K2-CNT project and OGS, Italy if you use these data for publication.
These other pages were tagged similarly:
- North Korea nuclear explosion [Special Event: 2013-02-12]
- Tohoku, Japan earthquake [Special Event: 2011-03-11]
- Chelyabinsk, Russia bolide (meteor) [Special Event: 2013-02-19]
- Super Typhoon Haiyan [Special Event: 2013-11-07]
- Edgefield, South Carolina [Special Event: 2014-02-15]
- Nepal [Special Event: 2015-04-25]
- Illapel, Chile [Special Event: 2015-09-16]
- 2016 North Korean nuclear test [Special Event: 2016-01-05]
- South Island, New Zealand [Special Event: 2016-11-13]
- 2017 North Korean nuclear test [Special Event: 2017-09-03]