FWEA18 Earth model represents a full waveform inversion model for East Asia.
|Title||Full waveform inversion of East Asia|
|Type||3-D Tomography Earth Model|
|Sub Type||Radial anisotropic (in the uppermost mantle) P and S velocities|
|Short Description||In this model, radial anisotropy is confined to the uppermost mantle (above 220 km). 1D Qmu model is fixed to QL6 (Durek & Ekström, 1996). All velocities are at 1 Hz.|
|The Unconventional Natural Gas Institute|
|China University of Petroleum (Beijing)|
|S. P. Grand|
|Department of Geological Sciences|
|The University of Texas|
|Austin, Texas, USA|
|F. N. Niu|
|Department of Earth Sciences|
|Houston, Texas, USA|
|Model Download||FWEA18_kmps.nc (metadata ), is the netCDF file for the model|
|Depth Coverage||Upper Mantle (0 to 800 km)|
|Areal Coverage||East Asia (N10°/60°, E90°/150°)|
|Data Set Description||[ Tao et al. (2018) ] A total of 95 earthquakes and 1590 seismographic stations were used in this study. The final dataset is comprised of ~1.35 million body wave windows (10 – 100 sec) and ~72 thousand surface wave traces (40 – 100sec).|
To cite IRIS DMC Data Products effort:
- Trabant, C., A. R. Hutko, M. Bahavar, R. Karstens, T. Ahern, and R. Aster (2012), Data Products at the IRIS DMC: Stepping Stones for Research and Other Applications, Seismological Research Letters, 83(5), 846–854, https://doi.org/10.1785/0220120032.
To cite the source of this Earth model:
- Tao K., Grand S. P. and Niu F. N. (2018), Seismic structure of the upper mantle beneath Eastern Asia from full waveform seismic tomography, Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems 10.1029/2018GC007460.
To reference the use of this Earth model hosted by EMC:
- IRIS DMC (2018), Data Services Products: FWEA18, a 3-D tomography Earth model representing full waveform inversion of East Asia, https://doi.org/10.17611/DP/FWEA181.
To cite IRIS Earth Model Collaboration (EMC) data product or reference use of its repository:
- IRIS DMC (2011), Data Services Products: EMC, A repository of Earth models, https://doi.org/10.17611/DP/EMC.1.
Durek, J.J. and Ekstrom, G. 1996. “A radial model of anelasticity consistent with long period surface wave attenuation.” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am. 86:144-158.
- K. Tao, S. P. Grand, & F. N. Niu