S362ANI, Kustowski, Ekstrom and Dziewonski (2008) , has its radial anisotropy confined to the uppermost mantle (that is, since the anisotropy is parameterized with only the four uppermost splines, it becomes very small below a depth of 250 km, and vanishes at 410 km). The 1-D reference model is STW105 .
|Title||A global model of shear-wave velocity|
|Type||3-D Tomography Earth Model|
|Sub Type||Anisotropic (in the uppermost mantle) S velocities|
|Short Description||In this model, radial anisotropy is confined to the uppermost mantle (that is, since the anisotropy is parameterized with only the four uppermost splines, it becomes very small below a depth of 250 km, and vanishes at 410 km). The 1-D reference model is STW105 .|
|San Ramon, California, USA|
|Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory|
|Palisades, New York, USA|
|A. M. Dziewonski|
|Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences|
|Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA|
|gzip tarfile of original model files and scripts.|
|*The above model expressed as velocity perturbation relative to the STW105 reference model:
S362ANI_percent.nc (metadata ), is the netCDF file for the model
|The above model expressed in km/s:
S362ANI_kmps.nc (metadata ), is the netCDF file for the model
|Depth Coverage||Whole Mantle (25 to 2890 km)|
|Areal Coverage||Global (-90°/90°, -180°/180°)|
|Data Set Description||[ James et al. (2011) ] The P-wave inversion for NWUS11-P is based on a total of 79,212 rays from 461 teleseismic events, with typical bandpass filter range of 0.5-1.5 Hz.|
To cite IRIS DMC Data Products effort:
- Trabant, C., A. R. Hutko, M. Bahavar, R. Karstens, T. Ahern, and R. Aster (2012), Data Products at the IRIS DMC: Stepping Stones for Research and Other Applications, Seismological Research Letters, 83(5), 846–854, https://doi.org/10.1785/0220120032.
To cite the source of this Earth model:
- Kustowski, B, G. Ekstrom, and A. M. Dziewonski, 2008, Anisotropic shear-wave velocity structure of the Earth’s mantle: A global model, J. Geophys. Res., 113:B06306, https://doi.org/10.1029/2007JB005169.
To reference the use of this Earth model hosted by EMC:
- IRIS DMC (2013), Data Services Products: S362ANI, a global model of shear-wave velocity, https://doi.org/10.17611/DP/9991736.
To cite IRIS Earth Model Collaboration (EMC) data product or reference use of its repository:
- IRIS DMC (2011), Data Services Products: EMC, A repository of Earth models, https://doi.org/10.17611/DP/EMC.1.
IRIS DMC Data Products effort:
Trabant, C., A. R. Hutko, M. Bahavar, R. Karstens, T. Ahern and R. Aster (2012), Data products at the IRIS DMC: stepping-stones for research and other application, Seismological Research Letters, 83(6), 846:854. https://doi.org/10.1785/0220120032.
- B. Kustowski, G. Ekstrom, and A. M. Dziewonski
- S362ANI is online