SENAM_FWT2021 is a 3-D, high-resolution shear-wave lithospheric velocity model beneath the southern part of eastern North American margin, which is constructed with full-wave ambient noise tomography by integrating onshore and offshore seismic datasets.
|Title||3-D shear-wave velocity model of the eastern North American lithosphere|
|Type||3-D Full-wave ambient noise tomography Earth model|
|Sub Type||Shear-wave velocity model|
|Data Revision||r0.0 (revision history)|
|Short Description||A high-resolution shear-wave lithospheric velocity model beneath the southern part of eastern North American margin, which is constructed with full-wave ambient noise tomography|
|Authors:||Cong Li, Department of Geosciences, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 627 North Pleasant Street. Amherst, MA 01003, E-mail: email@example.com
Haiying Gao, Department of Geosciences, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 627 North Pleasant Street. Amherst, MA 01003, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reference Model||CUB shear velocity model provided by Shapiro & Ritzwoller, 2002|
|Model Download||SouthernENAM-FWT-2021-0.20deg.r0.0.nc (see metadata) in the Polar Stereographic Projection and in netCDF 3 Classic format.|
|Original Model Repository||https://osf.io/ws2pn/|
|Depth Coverage||0-100 km|
|Area||The southern part of eastern North America margin (latitude: 30.56°/39.5°; longitude: 277.5°/289.46°)|
|Data Set Description||SENAM_FWT_2021_0.020.nc includes latitude, longitude, depth, and absolute S-wave velocity in eastern North America. The model was parameterized into a regular 0.020-degree horizontal grids in longitude and latitude directions. The vertical grid size increases with depth from one-third of the horizontal grid size for the top 15 km to ~2 km at 100 km depth.|
Citations and DOIs
To cite the original work behind this Earth model:
- Li, C. & Gao, H. (2021). Modification of crust and mantle lithosphere beneath the southern part of the eastern North American passive margin. Geophysical Research Letters (accepted).
To cite IRIS DMC Data Products effort:
- Trabant, C., A. R. Hutko, M. Bahavar, R. Karstens, T. Ahern, and R. Aster (2012), Data Products at the IRIS DMC: Stepping Stones for Research and Other Applications, Seismological Research Letters, 83(5), 846–854, https://doi.org/10.1785/0220120032.
DOI for this EMC webpage: https://doi.org/10.17611/dp/emc.2021.senamfwt.1
- Li, C., Gao, H., & Williams, M. L. (2020). Seismic characteristics of the eastern North American crust with Ps converted waves: Terrane accretion and modification of continental crust. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 125, 5. https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JB018727
- Shapiro, N. M., & Ritzwoller, M. H. (2002). Monte-Carlo inversion for a global shear velocity model of the crust and upper mantle. Geophysical Journal International, 151, 88-105. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-246X.2002.01742.x
- Holbrook, W. S., Purdy, G. M., Sheridan, R. E., Glover, L., Talwani, M., Ewing, J., et al. (1994). Seismic structure of the U.S. mid-Atlantic continental margin. Journal of Geophysical Research Atmospheres, 991(B9), 17871-17891. https://doi.org/10.1029/94JB00729
- r0.0 model provided by Cong Li.
revision r0.0: uploaded July 28, 2021.